In accordance with the Bishop's Pastoral Letter of 5 July 2021 the following worship protocols are now in effect at Holy Trinity Anglican Cathedral:
- Mask shall be worn upon entry to the church and kept on for the entirety of the liturgy.
- Greeters and welcomers should wear masks.
- Anyone speaking or leading singing can remove their mask for this role.
- People should keep distance from one another (unless from the same household) to help build confidence for those hesitant about returning to on-site worship.
- Prior to receiving Communion, individuals should sanitize their hands.
- A choir leading the music in worship is permitted.
- Congregational singing is permitted.
- It is no longer necessary to pre-register or collect contact-tracing information for those attending worship.
- Washrooms no longer need to be designated 'for emergency only', however the washrooms will continue to be 'unisex' and to be used by one person at a time.
- Social times before or after worship are permitted, however, please ensure that those handling food and beverages have sanitized their hands.
In terms of the conduct of the service:
- Masks will be available at the entrance to the Cathedral and hand sanitizer will be in the pews.
- At the Exchange of the Peace, there must be no hand-shaking or embraces (other than between members of the same household). It is appropriate to bow or to nod to one another.
- At this time, the Offertory Plates will not be passed. The Offertory Plates will be placed at the north end of the main aisle so that congregants may place their offerings there. At the Offertory the Plates will be brought forward and placed on the Altar.
- Communion will be in one kind only (except for the presider). At the time of Communion please come forward by the main aisle and wear your mask. Extend your hands for the consecrated bread, return to your pew by the appropriate side aisle and then consume the bread.