What is the Pre-Authorized Donation Program?
The Anglican Diocese of New Westminster has established a Pre-Authorized Donation Program (PAD), using either automatic debit or credit card, to assist you in supporting your own parish ministry.
Why Should I Participate?
Advantages for the donor:
- Convenience. Your offering is received automatically every month;
- Continual support of your home church when you are away;
- Continual support of ministries and programs;
- Changes may be made with written notification.
Advantages for the parish:
- Regular, dependable flow of contributions to the parish;
- Reduction of paperwork and bookkeeping; and
- Reduction of bank overdrafts.
PAD creates a win/win situation for you and your parish. It is a very simple procedure:
When you participate in PAD, your bank or credit card account will be debited automatically on or about the 15th of the month. This amount will be credited to the parish’s account.
How Do I Enroll?
If your parish has decided to participate, this is how you make your gift through PAD:
- Decide the amount of your donation to your parish to be debited from your account each month;
- Download the form below, or pick up a form at the back of the church or in the office.
- For credit card transactions fill out the credit card information, or, if using automatic debit attach a cheque from your account marked ‘void’; and
- Put the form in an envelope for the offering plate (include a voided cheque if using automatic debit), or drop it off at the office Monday or Wednesday between 10am and 1pm (our temporary office hours).
Who looks after the Program?
The Administration Department of the Diocese of New Westminster administers the PAD program for local parishes.
There is no minimum number of givers required for a parish to initiate the program. However, the more contributors participating in the program the more valuable and viable it is for the church.
What if I want to place something in the offering plate?
Small cards indicating you have given through the Pre-authorized Donation Program will be made available at your parish to place in the offering plate. Please note that your local parish church will issue receipts for gifts.
The work of the church in the Diocese of New Westminster is made possible through the giving hearts of its parishioners.
In response to changing lifestyles and increased demands on time and energy, the Diocese of New Westminster seeks, through PAD to assist you in your giving.
PAD may be a good choice for you…